Boy how I wish I had my silhouette back then because then the sky truly is the limit:
This quickie project is perfect for both school-goers and those who want to add a little pizzazz to their otherwise not-so-pretty book covers (hmmm don't judge a book by it's cover, anyone?!). Oh and it's the August Silhouette Challenge, so be sure to scroll to the bottom for more back-to-school ideas!!
- Gather your supplies: white oil based paint sharpie pen, silhouette pen holder (or hack your blade like I did), paper bags (or roll of brown paper from the $1 store), scissors, and your Silhouette.
- Download the three geometric designs (or create some of your own).
- Cut your paper bags to fit your textbook/book size, dry fit, measure the cover and spine, & adhere the paper bag cutout to your mat. If the total width of your cover, including the folded over seams, is over 12 inches simply adhere the paper bag with the seams already folded. A little tape should help keep it in place.
- Adjust the designs to fit the cover space.
- Run through your silhouette using the pen settings.**
- Attach your customized textbook covers to the books.
Which design is your favorite? Did you doodle any M*A*S*H games on your textbooks?!
P.S. I was not paid or perked from any of these vendors; I just happily picked up the supplies necessary for the job.
Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!
1. Weekend Craft // 2. From Wine to Whine // 3. Life After Laundry // 4. Adventures in All Things Food // 5. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 6. Sowdering About // 7. The Kim Six Fix // 8. Architecture of a Mom // 9. greylustergirl.com // 10. Please Excuse My Craftermath // 11. Simply Kelly Designs // 12. My Paper Craze // 13. Sweet Tea & Saving Grace // 14. Black and White Obsession // 15. Ginger Snap Craft // 16. It Happens in a Blink // 17. Creative Ramblings // 18. Little Blue's Room