Instead, I’ll go over some details. We made Barbecue Chicken Pizza and red velvet truffle cake, and my friends brought the salad. I also threw together a tastefully simple cheese spread.
The barbecue chicken pizza was an idea my boyfriend and I had after visiting Tilted Kilt following a white water rafting trip two summers ago. We made it as our first dinner together (collective awe?) and decided to substitute regular pizza dough for crescent rolls for a flakier texture. I should mention I really don’t measure things, well besides baking because of all that science-y stuff.
I should warn you, the pizza is sloppy-joe messy because of the crescent rolls.
Recipe Yield: 1 8.5 x 12.5 inch pizza
Adapted from the tastes of Tilted Kilt
1 ½ cans crescent rolls
Barbecue sauce (my current fav is Jack Daniels)
Grated mozzarella cheese
2 chicken breasts
Medium red onion
1 Roma tomato
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F or the temperature listed on the crescent roll package.
2. Grill chicken breasts and cube. Line the pan with tinfoil (optional) and layout crescent rolls to completely cover the pan, pushing the perforated edges together.
3. Pre-bake the crescent rolls for ¼ the time listed on the package- I baked mine for 3 minutes but I have a tiny convection oven. In the meantime, remove cilantro leaves from their stems and chop the onion and tomato.
4. Remove crescent rolls from the oven and begin topping the pizza: barbecue sauce then cheese and finish with chicken onions and tomatoes. Hold the cilantro.
5. Bake for 1-2 minutes less than the crescent roll packaging- I baked mine for 10 minutes, again things cook faster in my convection oven. Garnish with cilantro.
Our guests came baring thoughtful gifts which were these two lovely frames. I cant wait to print some pics and finish these puppies off.
I had to make a silhouette (or twenty four):
P.S. It was ridiculously difficult to choose just a few to preview. Once the photography portion of the blog is set up, there will be a lot more eye candy!
And just to be random, it’s been a long time since I’ve used Spotify - boy was I missing out. So much time can be wasted. Check it out if you haven’t already yet, it’s a program kind of like itunes except you don’t have to download anything but the program itself. You can build playlists and listen to a specific song (as opposed to Pandora which is more like a radio tuned to songs based on your taste). It stinks that there is a charge for Spotify mobile. Either way, I love and have both Pandora and Spotify- they’re life savers!